Sunday, November 4, 2012

Results on the first IUI?

So I bet many are wondering how our first IUI has gone. What the results were and where we're at right now.

I think this will explain a lot.

We are in fact pregnant! We found out on October 10th had it confirmed via hCG blood draw (beta's).  I took so long to let you all know because well many of you know our history. Today we are 7 weeks on the dot, on Friday we were able to see little baby B and the flicker of a heartbeat. This was such a magical moment from my husband and I. We certainly feel blessed that the procedure worked our first time around. We are not out of the dark yet but so far things are looking good (knock on wood). We will continue with weekly scans up until 9 weeks upon which I'm transferred to my OB who specializes in high risk pregnancies.

I would ask for all of those on my Facebook that you respect my privacy and not congratulate or hint at us being pregnant. Because of being such a high risk at this point we're going to hold off until the 1st trimester is over. I know all of you already know that but I wanted to state it all the same.

So far I feel blessed to say this but it has been a relatively uneventful pregnancy. I'm sure I'll be eating these words soon enough, but I haven't had any morning sickness etc. Not that I'm bragging in the least but there really hasn't been anything to really report. Which sometimes no news is good news :).

It still feels very surreal and I think it may continue to do so until we see a little bump of some sort. For now it's just chubbiness and bloating :D

7 comments:

HLA said...

Yay!!! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!

I felt the same way as you when we found out, and I didn't want to believe it for a LONG time because of our history with loss. I finally started getting excited around 16 weeks. But it still didn't feel real for me until I was 34 weeks! Even now I can't believe that what we had been trying for so long for is really going to be here so soon!!

Congrats again and I look forward to reading good news updates!!!!

Kaitlyn (from TNH) said...

Thank you for allowing your blog to be posted on TNH. I am so happy for you and Paul, and it will be great to be able to follow along with your journey. Good luck and best of wishes!!!

Ashley said...

I am so excited for you, Amanda. Isn't seeing that heartbeat the best thing ever???! Wait until you hear your baby's heartbeat. :) :hugs:

Ashley said...

AHHHHH!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!!! I'm super emotional right now, and this definitely brings tears to my eyes!!! I know we don't know each other, but I have been following your story and I am just so incredibly happy for you!!!!
I wish you and your husband nothing but the best!!!! Keep us updated!! :D

Amanda said...

HLA: Thank you so much! I can't believe you're almost at the finish line. It truly is such a bizarre and crazy ride. Congrats!! may you have a healthy delivery in a few weeks!

Kaitlyn: Sorry I forgot to share it when I left. Thank you for taking an interest and keeping up to date on how Baby B is doing. We all greatly appreciate that support <3

Ashley: Thank you again and again and again :) You've been so sweet through all of this and completely understanding. Seeing that heartbeat made us giggle and have these huge huge grins. It was almost surreal. Hearing the heartbeat I'm prepared to perhaps shed a tear. Part of me thinks I'll be overwhelmed to cry but all the same it will be a happy moment (fingers crossed) I hope you and your family are doing well <3

Ashley: You have been such a huge supporter on my blog. For someone who really didn't know me you have always had such a big caring heart. That is such an endearing quality. I hope you are doing well and I again can't express my gratitude enough for always following and commenting <3

Denielle said...

First off, thanks for posting your blog for me on FF. Secondly, congrats! I'm catching up but stories like yours give me hope. <3

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your pregnancy.. was searching for blogs to find encouragements and hopes till I came across yours. You have described every feelings that I have inside me. I am trying to keep an open mind and be positive. Hope that it does come true for me someday.

Wishing you a smooth delivery! :)