This past month has had so much going on I'm surprised my head is still secure. But not in a bad way. I've been reeling for some life excitement and just something less mundane from staying at home being very very lonely.
A lot has transpired since my last post. The biggest news is, I finally got a job. I absolutely love it and I'm actually working 'with' my husband in his Pharmaceutical group as a documentation specialist. I was brought in to see if we could put my IT knowledge to use when it came to documents. So far it's been very rewarding, tiring but it's great to just be IN the work environment again. Not to mention making some money to help the family is calming and it makes me just feel like I'm contributing overall. Many have questioned me as to how I can work with my husband. My answer is it's easy actually. The phesod "Work and Pleasure don't mix" Is true for those who can't seperate the two. My husband is not my boss nor do we always work together. When we do we know how to be professional, plus he's my best friend it's easy to work with him. I've actually found working with him or at least close with him has made the transition to this company smoother. I can ask him questions and not feel like a noob. I feel a different level of comfort and in the end it makes me confident in what I'm doing. I'm on my 4th week and really I have no complaints thus far. My cubical is litterally attached to his. So it's funny but we give eachother that space while mainting that professionalism. Actually working together has brought us closer. I find at work I just want to hug him and I adore watching him in action. So all those times I couldn't hug him at work we make up for it at home. I'm far more affectionate with him I find now then I was when I was just staying at home waiting for him to come home from work. I aprpeciate him and admire him on a professional level that adds to my love for him. He's such an inspiration, such a smart smart man, it's endearing to see just how much he's respected by his co workers. Not that it shocked me it's just different seeing your spouse while they work. It just brings you to a different level I feel.
We also as of October 30ish started our first round of Clomid. Clomid where to start with that drug? Well to start off it some how renewed my faith in this entire TTC journey. It somehow felt like a fresh start. I'm trying as hard as I might not to get my hopes so wrapped up in what could possibly be. Clomid had noticeable changes to my mood, perhaps the most noticeable to me was my short short attention span. Around 9 I would get so hyper. Something always had to be moving. My husband swore I was almost about to do jumping jacks. I took some peppermint tea in hopes that it would calm the restlessness and it worked. Also I was a bit more emotional, short, but also had more patience at times. It was weird but if this works it's been very worth it. Right now we're in our 2 week wait (the time between when you ovulate to when you're next cycle beings (period).) This time around I know better then to over-analyze how I'm feeling. Some times I'd be so convinced I had symptoms. This time I'm just going to wait till I know my period has been missed. A positive to this is we did have a positive OPK, I really couldn't stop smiling when I saw that.
Life is such a weird thing. It never really goes as you plan it to. It's never easy to relinquish control but sometimes you just have to go with the flow. It's not easy and hasn't been easy but we're taking each day as it comes. However it comes and in whatever form it comes in. Although I had my home business I've found since I've gotten this job we've been far less stressed. While money was never an issue having that room (minus our savings) is allowing us to indulge and feel less restricted. However we've been safe to ensure that we don't change life too much because well that's just that much more that goes into our Baby fund and our savings.
Right now I think it's safe to say I'm very satisfied with life. What ever happens will happen.
2 comments:
Congrats on the job!! And my fingers are crossed for you! I really hope the Clomid works :)
Ashley,
Thank you so much hun for your encouraging words and positive thoughts. It's nice to know someone reads my ramblings ;). Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment