You know I wish that what I said outloud would convince my heart to feel what I say. I wish that emotions were a thing that could easily be switched off in the blink of an eye. It's just so frustrating to time and time again tell yourself your ok only to be fooled by your emotions. Rather the feeling is betrayal and utter helplessness.
I'm a women who likes to control things. This is no secret to those who know me. I like life to be this huge planned event and I get testy if things don't go according to Plan A. So much so that I rarely have a plan B. So when it comes to certain things that are almost out of my control but I can try as hard as I can and still not get the outcome. I'm notably bothered by it.
One of the things I mastered as a child was to hide my feelings. Bottle it up nice and tight so that nothing would seep through. Then as I got older that bottle cap became more and more worn.
I sat here a while ago and confessed I was ok with the prospect of not getting pregnant. More like I was trying to trick my inner self conciounce to believe that very thing. Deep inside it's a yearning that's hard to subdue from time to time. Especially when people around you are getting pregnant left and right. I find that every time someone finds they are pregnant I feel this huge weight that I've been carrying return to it's full heavy weight. I am hit so hard every time. I litterally want it to stop. I don't like being emotionally unstable like that. Where I cant convince myself that it's ok. That my feelings take over and I'm in tears. It's a constant rinse and repeat of such agonizing pain. I'm not a dramatic person by any means, but I dont' know how many more of these 'announcements' I can handle.
Let me say and firmly state that it's not that I'm not happy for others. I AM COMPLETELY HAPPY for people. The thing that gets me in tears is how it reminds me of what I'm unable to do. It reminds me of this burden I carry, that I'm unable to produce a child for my husband and I. The kicker is that there's no guessing of who is the problem. I know it's me. IT just feels like I'm letting so many people down. To know for 2 1/2 years you've been unable to produce a son/daughter, grand baby, niece or nephew. To know that you are the one in the equation that is stalling it all is painful to relive.
YOu remember that bottle I mentioned before? That's how I'm able to be ok for long periods of time until someone lets me know of their exciting news. Again it's not because of them or what they're getting. It's because of the reminder. I'm tired of putting on a face, tired of keeping everything a secret. Truth is I need support and I don't know who to turn to without becoming a negative nancy record player. I know that I need to find support and soon. I can't carry this and I can't make my husband carry it along with me. I just need to find support. If you know what I mean. It pains me to know my husband is bracing himself every time.
Again I wish emotions were a thing you could switch off. It's overpowering and I'm lost as to how to handle them any more.
1 comment:
You can get support here. I can't imagine what you are going through. I saw a lot of your posts on "The Nest", and everytime I go on I think about you.
I am sure your friends understand what you are going through. Although they are happy, I am sure they would love to be there for you as well.
I am sure you have already looked into IVF, but what does your doctor say about that?
Post a Comment