I've found many of my life cross roads to begin new chapters in my life. This time is no different. I'm bombarded with more then one cross roads but that each deeply impact the other.
The main one is jobs. 1. Do I continue the job search or 2. Do I go back to school and get my masters? a. If I go back what do I get my masters in? i. Do I continue with Computer Science or do ii. I pursue a business specialty (marketing) (HR) (Accounting).
Then another big one is. I've been looking for jobs locally with no luck. Where we're located there are slim pickings. It's very rural so bigger companies are hard to come by. With this my husband and I must start evaluating if it's time to 'leave' and find a bigger city which will accommodate my husbands career and my own.
My third cross roads is do I even bother looking for jobs or do I just focus on my 2 businesses I've built over 3 years? Both of which are doing well. But as my dad says sometimes it's nice to have that as 'extra' income. Which I agree with.
In summation our goal is to have life get settled for us, a house, kids etc. Find some kind of common ground and a place we can call home. Right now it's hard to come by and frankly the ground we walk on is rather uneasy. At least more 'uneasy' then I'm comfortable with. Inside I know the best way to get our goals is to move and get a job in another state. The unknowns with that is unsettling as well. We moved out to Calgary on a whim and look where it got us. Back east having to live with parents while we got our feed back on the ground. That was a tough part in our life, an adventure but tough none the less. A part of me is scared of that possibly happening again. We're 25 and 27 somethings gotta give and just say "Ok you guys this is where you're supposed to be."
The cross roads are drawing near. Unfortunately we're stuck on which way to go. Consider this my brainstorming/vent post.
1 comment:
First I'll give you the selfish answer, and then I'll give you the real answer.
Selfish answer: Come to Minneapolis!!!!!! I realize it's like 1,000 miles from everything you know, but it's a great town and you'll have a built-in girlfriend. :-D
Real answer: You're in an exciting place in your life. I know it's scary, but it's exciting too! Think about it... you and your DH could do pretty much ANYTHING. I have no doubt that your businesses would thrive wherever you decide to settle, because you're a very talented woman who knows how to deal fairly with people. If you believe moving would be the best for you and DH, and if he thinks so too, I think you should take the leap. It will be just fine, and I know you will be successful.
Post a Comment