Surgery Update
The surgery went fantastic. Everything went very smoothly and according to plan. The day of I was very calm. The drive there I was a bit of an internal mess but once I got into the hospital bed everything subsided. I was given fluids but the IV was hard for them to find in my arm so they went for my hand again. The nurses were so amazing. They had a good chuckle because I had to keep my iv on a rolling rod. I seriously went to the washroom every 20 minutes. They also gave me a medicine to prevent me from getting sick (as I told them I've had problems with anesthesia before)
When it came time for me to go in I gave my husband a kiss and hug and gave a nod to my mother in law. I remember going into the room. It was a titch fuzzy but I still remember it. Next thing I vaguely remember was them telling me to cough. Later come to find out it was because of the tube they had down my throat. Something tells me it's better I don't entirely remember that part. The next thing I do remember is yelling for a nurse to bring me something so I could get sick. I got sick about twice but that was really it.
The pain well that was a bit unbearable. Frankly it sucked. Especially driving back home the hour drive. Getting in and out of bed was my biggest obstacle for the next week along with being able to stand up for longer then 5 minutes. I seemed to get the worst dizzy spells and the shower that night was horrible. I was in the shower for probably 5 minutes then started shaking. My husband had to help me on the ground certainly wasn't fun. Recovery was rather speedy though so I can't complain about the few days of major pain.
The Doctor said everything went well and there was no endometriosis. The cyst was bigger than my uterus but besides that everything was working perfectly.
Health Progress
Well with no surprise after the surgery I really fell of track. I had 2 weeks of recovery then I just got lazy. I'll admit I tried to pull every excuse out of my hat.
I found myself going back to the old "I'll start my diet/work out tomorrow." Do you know how many 'tomorrow's' I wasted saying that? Too many. In my gut i know that it may not be the last time I do this to myself either.
SO today I said enough was enough. I got the weights out and started my Day 1 of the 30 Day shred. My legs are feeling a little like jello but besides that it felt really good. I don't understand why I don't work out all the time, because the feeling you get of accomplishment after you do it is so euphoric. Guess it's just a battle of reminding myself of that eh?
I realize this is a shorter update but I will do a more thorough one tomorrow after Day 2 is done ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment