Have you ever been so creatively starved yet full at the same time?
Since my job loss I thought that having time for arts and crafts would be fun. I thought that having my own business would be well not to use the same word after word but fun as well. I love photography and my graphic design. It's something I truthfully love to wake up every morning to. But then there are days where I get into that job mentality, you know the 'I don't wanna' feeling. I am always searching for ways to get this 'creativity' out of my mind. Sounds odd right? Creativity out of my mind when I'm doing all this stuff every day with photography and the graphics. Wrong. What happens is I get up every morning with this idea of things I'd like to do. Then like a person with horrible ADD I find myself trying it and never finishing it. For example I received a new tablet that allows you to draw Waccom Bamboo pen tablet and I still have yet to use it.
My creativity started with drawing when I was about in the 9th grade I really loved to sketch and continued to do so up till I was entering COllege. Once College started School and hockey became my main prioirty. WIth college I found another creative release through poetry. I started to write and when I look back on the first poems I wrote I couldn't help but laugh. By no means am I saying I'm really any better than I was before because that's not entirely the case. But Poetry was a way for me to track my emotions. Junior year came and I was introduced to my first high end Camera, thus the passion for photography started. Do you already see where my Creativity problem starts and ends? Yeah me neither.
So now here I am in this perpetual cycle of photography, poetry (less of that) and drawing
(now more or less graphics designs). So every time I try to start something I'm caught with
not liking how I'm starting so I stop and try to go onto something else. Along with that I also have orders for my invitation business which is great.
So why am I starting this blog? Well that's a pretty good question when I figure that out I'll be sure to let you know. Or if you figure it out could you let me know?
I think I designed this to become focused. With that being said I have 2 creative goals that I want to set right now.
1. Do one exam by the end of this month in regards to my photography online class. Oh yes I forgot to mention that i took that on as well. I'm always striving for perfection in what I do but am getting frustrated at the lack of serious focus!
2. Finish One tutorial on basic drawing. I'm going back to square one with drawing and will be looking to finish a beginner drawers tutorial. The drawing will be done on paper and uploaded.
Along with those creative goals I have business goals which will just be to calender everything and figure out start and finish times.
I'm vowing for ONE year from this date that I will be striving for a focused me. I'm looking to find me within the year. Looking for what it is I'm creatively starved for.
Looking for Focus.
No comments:
Post a Comment