I've had a few messages regarding women and their men not knowing about the TTC process. I truly believe that our society truly knows very little about just what it takes to make a child. I don't think it's anyone's fault, I just think this is a topic that isn't taught in depth in sex ed. I can understand why because they'd have teen girls temping, taking OPK's to plan their fun time around AF.
I think not only is it men who have a rudimentary understanding of making a child but I think many women do as well. I see it when I see a women who is just starting out and the particular questions asked about how it happens. I feel that we can help these people by being gentle and not looking down on them as if they were an 'idiot' of some sort. So in the spirit of learning I'm posting the following Making a Baby quiz (Answers found at the end of the quiz) that can be found (http://www.todaysparent.com/makingababy)
1. When is the best time during your cycle to have sex if you want to conceive?
a) As soon as your period is over
b) As ovulation approaches
c) During ovulation
d) Regularly throughout the month
e) B & C
2. What’s the best way to know when you’re ovulating?
a) Counting cycle days
b) Monitoring cervical mucus
c) Taking your basal body temperature
d) Noticing when you have pain or cramps in your middle
e) Depends on the woman
3. How often should you have sex when you’re trying to get pregnant?
a) Every day — don’t want to miss that window
b) Every other day is plenty
4. Which sexual position boosts your chances of conceiving?
a) Missionary
b) Spooning
c) From behind
d) It makes no difference
5. True or False: Taking folic acid or a prenatal vitamin is an essential element to getting pregnant.
a) True
b) False
6. True or False: After having sex, elevating your hips with a pillow or lifting your legs in the air helps your chances of conceiving.
a) True
b) False
7. True of False: Your chances of getting pregnant increase if you have an orgasm.
a) True
b) False
8. You’re not getting pregnant as fast as you thought you would. After how many months of trying should you call your doctor to see if there’s a problem?
a) Three months
b) Six months
c) 12 months
d) 18 months
9. True or False: Getting pregnant has little to do with what you eat or how active you are.
a) True
b) False
10. When it comes to getting pregnant, being overweight or obese:
a) Can make conceiving more challenging
b) Has no effect whatsoever
11. Compared to a first baby, how long does it usually take to conceive a second baby?
a) Less time
b) More time
c) About the same
d) None of the above
12. After a miscarriage, when can you try to conceive again?
a) After one menstrual cycle
b) After three menstrual cycles
c) After six menstrual cycles
13. You’d like to choose your baby’s gender. Which method works best?
a) Eating sweets (for a girl) and salty foods (for a boy)
b) Having sex on specific days, according to the Shettles or Whelan methods
c) You probably can’t influence your baby’s gender
d) Using the Chinese gender predictor
Answer Links
1.Answer
2.Answer
3.Answer
4.Answer
5.Answer
6.Answer
7.Answer
8.Answer
9.Answer
10.Answer
11.Answer
12.Answer
13.Answer
No comments:
Post a Comment