In the past few days a lot has really happened. Well not a lot to some but enough for me.
A few days ago we got our visa petition approval notice. While this doesn't mean we're done with this all yet this is such a positive step. We tried to get somewhat prepared for this and ordered all the documentation that we'd need. On top of that we have some forms to fill out. This type of stuff has to be done with a fine tooth comb. Without the help of visajourney.com . I honestly think my husband and I would be beyond lost.
It was kinda funny how I found out. I went to go put a load of laundry away just as my husband came in. I was going back and forth while welcoming him home. when I come out of the washroom I see my husband with a letter in his hand and this HUGE grin. Right away I knew what it was. I shrieked a bit and was just so very happy.
We'd been stressing about when it'd come for a while. Now that it's here I'm stressing about getting all the proper documentation together so we can send it in to the NVC as soon as we get our packet. Needless to say my husband and I toasted with a glass of Vapolicella. MM good.
The next thing that has happened was the overturning of prop 8. For me this is such an amazing thing. I have so many friends who are gay and it's so nice to see that the US is taking this step. Everyone deserves to show their love, be loved and get the same benefits that those of us heterosexual couples get. WIth that being said I found an amazing Greys quote that I feel suits this situation to a 'T'.
"At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them."
This quote can be taken in a multitude of ways. For me it speaks of diversity, of just living life as it comes and stop trying to worry about what others are doing because in the end while they live their life freely you are imprisoning yourself by worrying about their daily actions. This goes for anything. There's something of value to take away from this quote. It has really opened my eyes and made me want to stop putting up boundaries, be it if it's my life, my emotions, or my love. Some of it's been locked away for far to long. I've drawn so many lines that I've boxed myself in. Little by little the lines are being erased. Some may never go away but in the end I have to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment