Monday, August 16, 2010

One foot in front of the other. Is it as easy as it sounds?

You ever feel like all the energy has been sucked right out of you? Like moving a muscle would be a literal crime against humanity? Ok not to that extreme but my body is HURTING. I haven't had this kind of muscle pain in 2 years. And I have to admit I LOVE IT!

Now before you all start thinking I'm psychotic for saying that, Let me explain a bit more.

I just shot a wedding on the 7th. Needless to say it was a ton of fun. However I got on facebook and I dreaded what I saw. There are photos of me from the wedding. A reason why I love photography is so that I can control the photos taken. Also so that I'm not in photos. What I saw was just so very disturbing to me. Seeing myself in the 3rd person sucked. I have gained so much weight. It finally hit me that I'm also missing out on getting photos with friends and family because of this. That day I researched gyms and made a plan. This was on Wednesday. We are now going to our local gym and went 3 times last week and I plan on doing 3-4 this week.

So after working out on Wednesday I felt pretty good, tired but good. Did some Cardio and some upper-body. Part of me went right back into old habits of training so I had to remind myself I'm looking to build stamina not muscle.

Thursday morning came and my left arm was immobile. It hurt and it was like an old friend I missed. It was a reminder to me that this is what happens when you let your body get out of shape. It also let me knwo that I worked out enough to make my arms hurt.

Now comes Saturday. MY ENTIRE body ached. I'll be honest usually I get my body aches 1 day after the workouts but 2-3 not so much. I was walking like i had a pole stuck up my rear. My husband took pleasure in reminding me of that fact every chance he could :D.

Today we went back to it and while the legs hurt a bit I find that today my energy is zapped. But in a good way. I'm really hoping that I stay on this track to loosing weight. I hope it's not just a month thing where I get inspired then loose that inspiration. Part of me wants to say I won't while the other part knows it is a possibility. So for now I'll take it one day at a time, much like everything else.



BTW (2 exams done in the last 2 weeks for my photography course ;) )

Slowly but surly I'm getting everything organized, finding time to do things and overall enjoy life. Now it's time for a little din din then relaxations.

Thanks for reading my rambles.

No comments: