Thursday, September 12, 2013

Yes, I'm one of those women

For as long as I can remember I have always had a huge affinity for Christmas. It wasn't the gift getting but more the sense of excitement and happiness that would fill my heart. I love giving gifts on Christmas. Things that I'm able to customize, my signature move is giving gifts that can't be bought in a store and if they are they have a personal touch that makes it one of a kind.

Now why am I talking about Christmas when it's September? Because I can't wait for it to come! Yes I've already started to listen to a few Christmas songs here and there. The way the songs make me feel it's just euphoric and energizes me. Just makes me a chipper cheerful person. Gasp! My personal favorite is Josh Groban, that man makes my heart melt when he sings.

Last year Christmas marked an ending to one heck of a dismal year. Loss of my grandfather in October, then the loss of our 4 children. It was overall a lot to take in for the year. The one thing besides my obviously wonderful husband and support system was the magic Christmas puts in my heart. Sure I cried a bit more especially at certain Christmas songs but it always seems to lift me up when I need it the most.

I'm that women in the office who decorates her cubical to the nines, equipped with a 8 foot wide fire place a little 4 foot tree (with a Canadian joker hat ;) Have to represent my home country). Garland and a little fake red plant. Slowly as I've been working here others have gotten into the spirit and it's really warming to see how others get into it. :) This year I won't be able to do it but I have someone in training ;)

I just had to share my joy for Christmas. While it may be far off and while this may be received with eye rolls and grumbles, I ask you, what's wrong with a little cheer and magic before the day even gets here?

Not to mention Christmas means our daughter will be with us. Our Christmas miracle we've been wishing for, for 4 years. "I'll be home for christmas" will have a special place in my heart . *Big tear* words can't describe how that feels, how hard it was to get to this point and how grateful we are. Christmas will always be magical for me now there's a whole new dimension of sharing that with your child hoping they find the same excitement and cheer of the holidays.

I will light a candle on that day for all the moms out there with children in their arms and children in their hearts. I will make my sole Christmas wish that you are blessed beyond your wildest dreams. (I just teared up writing that, I truly truly mean it)

No comments: