Thursday, January 13, 2011

You're not a victim

Today I read this from one of the forums I participate in. I feel it really rings true with things I've been speaking about. I have at times felt like a victim to things when in reality I shouldn't. These few paragraphs really opened my eyes.

(please note victim is used in a way where it's saying constant complainers or those who put themselves in one bad situation after another. THis does not apply to extreme cases (rape, etc)

Remember, you are not a victim. You are an adult, and you are in charge of your own life. You are doing what you have freely chosen to do. Setbacks come with the territory. They are merely speed bumps on the road to success.
Refuse to blame others or make excuses. When you compain or blame other people, it just makes you feel and sound petty and small, and, what's worse, it takes away your personal power. Whenever you criticize or complain, it mkaes you feel weaker and reduces your ability to deal effectively with the situation.
Look for the reasons why you are responsible for what happened rather than trying to pass off the blame onto other people. No excuses.
Resolve to focus on the solution and what can be done now, rather than on what happened and who's to blame. Think in terms of the actions you can take to resolve the situation rather than what went wrong and who is to blame.

- From "NO EXCUSES!" by Brian Tracy

No comments: